RAKTAMOKSHAN - रक्तमोक्षण
Raktamokshan is the fifth & different treatment of five detoxifying panchakarma or shodhana therapies.
It helps in clearing the dosha residing in the shakha( deep tissue) & is the best remedial solution for Rakta shuddhi. There are 4 methods of Raktamokshana out of which two are commonly used:
It is done using intracath or an IV set butterfly which is introduced in the vein & the required amount of blood is withdrawn .
Then a compression dressing is done at the site.
This is done where larger quantity is to be removed for a disease which has a spread all over body.
Maximum blood removed is 30-100 mls.
Leeches are naturally available creature known for it’s blood sucking abilities.
This is done for a localised disease & used when a small quantity of blood is to be removed.
The leeches when kept at the site get stuck on their own & sucks the blood till the vitiated blood is available or they are full.
Each leech sucks around 2-10 mls of blood depending on the size.
In case of need physician may advice the use of more than one leech at the site.
Then dressing is carried out.
- In general raktamokshana is indicated both in healthy persons and diseased.
- In healthy persons this is done with the purpose of preventing the disease and in diseased for the cure of the illness.
- Reduction in redness
- Reduction in acute pain
- Reduction in the disease
- Skin patches are diminished
- Obstinate skin diseases
- Infective disease of the skin
- Skin eruptions
- Bleeding disorder
- Suppurative lesion of the penis
- Splenic enlargement
- Abdominal mass
- Blue pigmentation
- Pigmentation of the face
- A variety of mole
- Fungal infection of the dermis
- A form of skin disease characterized by abnormal thickening of
- The dermis
- Scabies Reddish patchesonthes
- Redness of the eyes
- Anxiety state
- Bloody urine
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Abnormal coloration of the body parts
- Sluggish gastrointestinal tract
- Excessive thirst
- Sense of heaviness of the body
- Excessive debility
- Lack of taste in the mouth
- Head ache
- Bitter eructations
- Sour eructations
- Pungent eructations
- Feeling of exhaustion
- Confessional state
- Salty taste in the mouth
- Excessive sweating
- Bad body odor
- Reduced voice
- Excessive sleep he darkness in front of the eyes quite
- Experiencing Frequently Itching
- Urticarial rash
- A type of mole
- Black pig
- Body ache
- Redness of the skin
- Redness of the eyes
- Bone Fracture
- Ligament tear
- Fungal Infections
- Varicose veins
- White patches
- Non Healing Wound
- Skin discoloration
- Acute pain at any site
TYPES OF RAKTAMOKSHANA:-
Depending upon the method of achieving the bloodletting, it is mainly categorized into two types.
- Siravyadha and Prachchhana
- Jalaukavacharana – LEECH Therapy, Sringavacharana, Alabuavacharana and Ghatiyantra
Raktamokshan is carried out on full stomach, After Raktamokhana There are no specific dietary restrictions
Your Appointment For
020 4860 4039
77 44 82 88 22
Office No-1, First Floor, Abhijeet Apartment, Near Parihar Chowk, DP Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007