NASYA - नस्य
- Nasya is the forth treatment among the five detoxifying – cleansing panchakarma therapies.
- It helps in clearing the upper respiratory tract & head.
- It is the practice of giving various medicines through the nose.
- Nasyam karma is a way of entering different drugs for different purposes through the nose.
- Nasal ingestion of medicines or medicated oils/ghee is called Nasya.
- Lightness of the head
- Increase in smell sensation
- Easy ness to breath
- Improvement in the activity of nervous system
- Reduction in the headache
- Improvement in the acuity of all the senses specially the vision
- Before the application of Nasya a simple light massage is carried out on the face & the forehead followed by a light fomentation – sweda.
- Eyes are to be covered during the swedana.
- Then the specially prepared Nasya Medicine is introduced through the nostrils of the patient with the help of Nasya Yantra or dropper.
- This is absolutely painless procedure.
- Then the patient is asked to do the gargles with the warm water.
- The patient may sneeze for a few seconds following nasya.
- Generalised headache and migraine.
- Premature loss and greying of hair.
- Chronic sinusitis, cough & Asthma.
- Rough or hoarse voice.
- Cervical Spondylitis.
- Earache and Tinnitus.
- Hearing loss
- Loss of sensation of smell and taste
- Shivering/pain/weakness of teeth.
- Weakness of eyes
- Weakness of vision, spectacles.
- Dryness and itching of eyes
- Loss of memory, grasping, retention
- Cerebral disorders – Haemorrhage, Atrophy, Ischemia, Epilepsy, Infarct
- For improving strength of sense organs
- Addiction – Drugs and All others.
- Running nose
- Just consumed a lot of fluids or wine, oil or ghee
- Just undergone PanchKarma
- Immediately after bath, sleep, food, and outing
- Immediately before bath, sleep, food and outing
- Bad weather, cloudy, raining, unstable weather.
- Pregnancy, menstruation.
- Stiffness of the head
- Stiffness in the sides of the neck
- Stiffness of the teeth
- Rigidity of the mandibular joint
- Chronic rhinitis
- Elongated uvula
- Corneal opacity
- Diseases of the eyelids
- Pigmented spots on face
- Ranula or salivary cyst
- Headache affecting the half of the head
- Diseases of the neck
- Diseases of the shoulder
- Painful shoulder
- Disorders of the mouth
- Painful eyes
- Cranial nerve palsies
- Convulsive disorder due to the affliction of the heart.
- Lack of stability of teeth
- Hoarseness of the voice
- A form of dysarthria
- Headache due to vitiation of vata dosha
- Falling of teeth
- Hair fall
- Hair fall of mustache
- Far ache
- Progressive cataract
- Abnormality of sweating
- Diseases of the nose
- Dryness of the mouth
- Frozen shoulder
- Premature wrinkling of the skin
- Premature graying of hair
- Marked slow awakening
- Diseases of the mouth due to the vitiation of vata and pitta dosha
Before Nasya normally does not have strict dietary regulation but it is advisable that it is either done on empty stomach or after a period of 3-4 hrs after consuming food.
After Nasya patient can take a little warm water He is advised not to consume heavy food during the course
Nasya is a very safe and trouble-free karma, but even in this, the expected benefits can be seen only if the person has to decide which nasya to give according to the nature of the person, the severity of the disease, the age, and the season.
Book Your Appointment For
020 4860 4039
Office No-1, First Floor, Sahil Apartment, Parihar Chowk, ITI Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007