KATI BASTI - कटी बस्ती
Kati means lumbar region.
Kati Basti is a unique treatment used for strengthening of the lower back muscles & then to improve the functioning of the back especially the vertebral muscular activities.
In this procedure, warm medicated Kati Basti Oil is used to apply heat to the sacral or lumbar region by holding oil in a specially made Kati Basti yantra or flour dough mold.
This treatment gives quick relief to the patients who are suffering from pain, stiffness, and inflammation in the lumbar region.
Kati Basti therapy is used as a complementary therapy to the existing conventional treatment in fastening the disease recovery or relieving the chronic pain with fewer side effects.
In general, Kati Basti therapy addresses long-standing conditions.
Kati Basti Procedure:-
- Patients who wish to undergo Kati Basti therapy should be screened and assessed by medical personnel before the treatment session.
- In Kati Basti, the patient must lie down in a prone position.
- They have to expose the lumbosacral area
- The patient’s head shall be supported with a roll of towel or a pillow.
- In Kati Basti treatment the selected medicated oil is heated. preheated Kati Basti oil is poured and pooled for a fixed duration of time in a Kati Basti Yantra or in-mold of flour dough constructed over the low back area that covers the Lumbo-sacral and Sacroiliac joints.
- After that, the warmed oil is glided over into the encircled area gently.
- When the temperature of the oil decreases, some of the oil is removed and more warmed oil is added into the existing oil in the encircled area to maintain the temperature throughout the procedure.
- With the help of a special method Temperature of Kati Basti oil is constantly maintained to a specific temperature for 45 minutes. After this, the lumbar region is subjected to fomentation.
Kati Basti Benefits:-
- Kati Basti is indicated in the painful conditions of the low back region
- Relieves pain in the lower back region
- Relieves stiffness in the low back and Improves movement of the backbone
- Better exercise tolerance
- Increased capacity of lumbosacral area
- Decreased weakness of Lumbar region
- Beneficial in relieving the pain.
- Enhances blood circulation to the low back area.
- The medicated Kati Basti oil that gets absorbed from the skin has unique healing effects.
- Improves movements at the lumbar region and lower limbs and enable actions freely
- Relieves swelling and inflammation in the spine, and muscles of the low back
- Strengthens the lower back architecture of bones, muscles and soft tissues
Kati Basti Indications:-
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Disc prolapse
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lumbosacral strain
- Chronic Low backache
- Lumbar spondylitis
- Slip disc
- Degeneration of vertebral disc
- Paralysis of lower body
- After the Kati Basti, the patient is advised to take rest for about 15 minutes in a supine position.
- After therapy general care advice is given to patients after each session to avoid complications and to maximize the benefit of the therapy.
- Patients are advised to Have light meals and rest for the remainder of the day.
- Lukewarm bath 1-2 hour after the therapy
- Avoid exercise for the day.
Each treatment session would last for 45 to 60 minutes.
Kati- local Basti therapy: 30 minutes
Massage of the selected region: 5 to 10 minutes
Rest after external Basti therapy: 10 to 15 minutes
Monitoring and Follow-up:-
- The patient’s response to therapy is monitored at each follow-up visit and through periodic assessments.
- Any exacerbation of symptoms or new symptoms especially neurologic may necessitate immediate reassessment.
- Adverse events that may occur during Kati Basti are related to the prolonged lying on the same position and the contact with the warm medicated oil during the procedure.
- Discomfort, Headache and neck pain.
- lightheadedness and vertigo from prolonged lying down.
- Redness and blisters at the Basti area due to warm oil.
- Allergic reaction to the oil used.
Kati Basti therapy is useful as a complementary therapy to the existing conventional treatment.
Along with Kati basti therapy Basti Panchakarma, Raktamokshan, Agnikarma, Pinda Sweda, Patra Pinda Sweda, Lepan treatments are useful in fastening the disease recovery or relieving chronic pain with fewer side effects.
Book Your Appointment For
Kati Basti Treatment
020 4860 4039
77 44 82 88 22
Office No-1, First Floor, Abhijeet Apartment, Near Parihar Chowk, DP Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007