PIND SWEDA - पिंड स्वेद
Pind Swed is one of the unique most effective types of swedana type frequently used for pain relief & gaining strength to the tissues.
In this therapy perspiration is induced by using a heated pind made of special rice is known as shashtika shali
(Rice that cultivate in 60 days).
This rice is used in the procedure and hence the name shashtika shali pinda sweda.
This is also popularly known as Navarahizhi.
It is an easy and effective procedure of swedana and is ideal in healthy persons, in children, and also in patients suffering from illness due to morbid vata dosha.
The whole body below the neck or a portion of the body is subjected to the Pind sweda Ayurvedic treatment.In Patra Pind Sweda instead of rice fresh Herbal Leaves are used for making pind.
Pind Sweda Procedure:-
- Special shastik shali Rice is boiled in a decoction of medicines as prescribed and milk.
- Boiled Medicinal Rice is then tied in pieces of cloth to prepare multiple pind.
- These rice pind are heated in decoction and milk.
- Warm rice pind is used to apply heat to the patient’s body and thereby inducing sweating.
- After evacuating the bowel and bladder, and before taking the meal is the ideal time for this procedure.
- Following the patient is subjected to abhyanga and then the pind swedana is carried out.
- The patient in minimum cloth is then made to lie down on the abhyanga table.
After Pind Swedana Therapy:-
- After the swedana procedure patient is asked to take rest in a chair for a while, about 15 minutes.
- After this, the patient is asked to take a bath and to get refresh.
- Any tiredness experienced during the swedana procedure will end soon after the hot water bath.
- For cleaning the oil in the body, the use of toilet soap should be discouraged.
- Ayurvedic ubtan or Bengal gram flour may be comfortably used to make the skin oil-free.
- After this therapy patient is asked to take light warm liquid food and rest in normal room temperature without fan/AC for a few minutes.
- He should avoid immediate exposure to the cold breeze, open-air, and contact with cold water.
Pind Sweda Ayurvedic Treatment Duration:-
- Usually, shashtika shali pinda sveda is performed in a course.
- One course may involve 7,14, 21 sittings.
- During this period swedana may be carried out regularly or on alternative days depending upon the requirement.
- 14 days course is ideal in normal individuals for the promotion of health.
- About one to two such courses are advisable in a year.
- In persons suffering from the illness, patients are subjected to courses of shashtika shali pinda sveda quite frequently depending upon the severity of the illness and the response to the swedana treatment.
Pind Sweda Benefits:
- The lightness of the body
- Reduction of the pain & the stiffness
- Better mobility of the Joint
- Regression of the disease
- Gain in tissue mass & activities of the organ.
Shastik Shali Pind Sweda Indications:-
- Varicose veins
- Vata Vyadhi
- Lumbar spondylosis
- Disc prolapse
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lumbosacral strain
- Chronic Low backache
- Lumbar spondylitis
- Slip disc
- Degeneration of vertebral disc
Monitoring and Follow-up:-
- The patient’s response to therapy is monitored at each follow-up visit and through periodic assessments.
020 4860 4039
Office No-1, First Floor, Sahil Apartment, Parihar Chowk, ITI Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007