LEPAN - लेपन
Application of herbal packs on various parts at body. It is the mixture of herbal powders with water / milk / honey / fruit juices.
- The body portion of the Lepan should be cleaned.
- The herbal powders should be mixed with simple water / Rose water / milk / honey or fresh fruit juices, also cooked should be mixed with decoction or milk or with fresh herbal juice.
- Then application of the same mixture on the face / or that affected body part should be done.
- It should be kept for 20-30 min approximately or Till lepan to be dry
- No specific preparation of the Patient is needed for this procedure.
- Lepa may be performed at any time of the day.
For the purpose of lepa oil is prescribed according to the disease. There are various types of ayurvedic lep available like:-
- ayurvedic lep for joint pain
- ayurvedic lep for fracture
- ayurvedic lep for swelling
- ayurvedic lep for knee pain
- ayurvedic lep for hair loss
- ayurvedic lep for hair growth
- ayurvedic lep for skin
- dashang lep
- ayurvedic lep for back pain
- ayurvedic lep for fungal infection
- ayurvedic lep for face
- ayurvedic lep for ligament tear
Types of Application:-
- Both warm and cold applications are practiced in lepa.
- Application of warm herbal paste is preferred in Patients suffering from morbidity of vata as well as kapha dosha in the facial skin.
- Contrary to this when morbidity of pitta dosha is identified in the facial skin, the cold herbal paste is applied.
- So also,vishaghana and varnakara Lepa is also carried out by applying the cold herbal paste.
Lepa Thickness for Application:-
Herbal paste is applied in three different thicknesses of the thin, moderate and thick application respectively.
- The application should be removed before it gets dried off.
- If the herbal paste gets dried on the face it is likely to harm the facial skin or else deteriorates the complexion
- To prevent / correct the discoloration
- Hyper pigmentation of skin
- Skin disease
- Psoriasis, Eczema
- To improve the tone & texture of the skin (Face or body skin)
- To reduce Pain / burning / itchy of the specific area
- Allergic skin rashes
- Accidental swelling
- Skin manifestations due to vitiated vata dosha.
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system.
- Hair fall
- Diseases of the scalp
Premature graying of the hair.
Blackish pigmentation in the skin.
Wrinkles on the facial skin.
effective in acne vulgaris
Patient should avoid the Following behaviors after the treatment with lepa
- Day sleep
- Exposing to the air, heat, sunshine
- Sitting beside the fire
If these factors are not avoided following lepa, there will be risk of developing certain untoward symptoms like itching, undue dryness of the skin, swelling, redness at affected part
Book Your Appointment For
• VAMAN • VIRECHAN • BASTI • NASYA
• RAKTAMOKSHAN • UTTAR BASTI
• SHIRODHARA • SHIRO BASTI • NETRA TARPAN • MANYA BASTI • HRUD BASTI
• KATI BASTI • JANU BASTI
• PIND SWEDA • PATRA POTTALI SWEDA
• UDVARTAN • AGNIKARMA • KSHAR KARMA • LEPA KARMA
Vedacare is one of trusted Ayurvedic Clinic in Aundh Pune offers best Ayurvedic Treatment in Aundh Pune. Consult best Ayurvedic Doctor in Aundh Pune at vedacare.
020 4860 4039
Office No-1, First Floor, Sahil Apartment, Near Parihar Chowk, DP Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007