Vaman Panchakarma - वमन
Vaman Panchakarma is the first among five detoxifying – cleansing Panchakarma therapies.
It helps in clearing the upper part of the body & is the best remedial solution for Kapha dosha & the second-best remedy for pitta dosha.
Before the vaman procedure, internal oleation with medicated ghee/oil is advised for 5-7 days according to the patient’s constitutions is done.
After proper preparation, the patient is given specially created Vaman medicine.
After Vaman patient has to follow a strict dietary regimen where a gradual increase in the quality & quantity of the food is carried out.
This period varies depending upon the quantitative shodhana & can be from 5 -7 days.
- Vamana is that the unique procedure of forcible expulsion of undigested pitta and Kapha dosha through the upper oral root of the body by way of inducing vomiting.
- Kapha dosha, the third among the three doshas is best eliminated by this procedure.
- To begin vaman panchakarma first patient is treated with snehana and svedana procedures for required days and is followed by the induction of vomiting.
- The patient 1st then subjected to samsarjana krama to finish the procedure.
- The entire procedure including the preliminary procedure also as follow up procedure is named as Vamana panchakarma.
- Elimination of the vitiated dosha from a route that’s nearest to the diseased part is that the general rule.
- Accordingly, if the buildup of dosha is observed within the upper half the body, its best eliminated by the upper i.e.
- To be more precise if the buildup of dosha is present within the gastrium, its best eliminated by the Vamana karma.
- This procedure is claimed to be more efficacious in clearing the buildup of Kapha dosha.
- Best results from Vamana karma could also be achieved if administered during the spring.
- The following list reveals the conditions which will be treated by Vamana karma.
- Oral administration of snehan used in the form of medicated ghee/oil for a stipulated period followed by snehan Karm and svedana forms the preparation of the patient for Vamana karma.
- Then on the final day in the morning, the patient is subjected to Vamana panchakarma.
- At the top, the patient is suggested to follow the samsarjana krama for regaining the first physical strength.
- The patient is initially subjected to snehapana for 5 to 7 days in accordance with the event of the symptoms indicative of proper snehapana.
- Following this, he’s treated with abhyanga and bashpa sveda for at some point.
- That’s on the 8th day he’s subjected to bashpa sveda if the snehapana is completed on the 7th day.
- During this way, on the 9th day, the patient is prepared for the Vamana karma.
- On the day of Vamana karma within the early morning, the patient is asked to require a bath after evacuation of bowel and bladder.
During the amount of snehapana, abhyanga, and bashpa sveda, the respective diet.
Vaman Indications: -
- It is beneficial for Persons of Kapha and Kapha-Pitta constitution and patients suffering with Kapha disorders and associated Pitta disorders or diseases originating or settled in the place of Kapha like
- Asthma, Allergic bronchitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, COPD, Cough, Migraine,
- Hyperacidity, Indigestion, Anorexia,
- Obesity, Overweight, Dyslipidemia, Diabetes mellitus, Thyroid,
- Skin diseases like Acne vulgaris, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Vitiligo, Urticaria,
- Falling and graying of Hairs,
- Inflammatory and swollen joint disorders of early-stage,
- Depression, Drowsiness, Excessive sleep, Epilepsy, certain autoimmune diseases, etc.
• VAMAN • VIRECHAN • BASTI • NASYA
• RAKTAMOKSHAN • UTTAR BASTI
• SHIRODHARA • SHIRO BASTI • NETRA TARPAN • MANYA BASTI • HRUD BASTI
• KATI BASTI • JANU BASTI
• PIND SWEDA • PATRA POTTALI SWEDA
• UDVARTAN • AGNIKARMA • KSHAR KARMA • LEPA KARMA
Vedacare is one of trusted Ayurvedic Clinic in Aundh Pune offers best Ayurvedic Treatment in Aundh Pune. Consult best Ayurvedic Doctor in Aundh Pune at vedacare.
020 4860 4039
Office No-1, First Floor, Sahil Apartment, Parihar Chowk, ITI Road, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra-411007